Wednesday, April 24, 2024

I'm Back to Work

After a much-needed break in D.C. over the weekend, I'm back home. The picture to the left is the view of the National Cathedral towers from our hotel room.

It was delightful to visit a former home and one of my favorite cities in the U.S. Lots of friendly humans. Lots of friendly dogs. Lots of good food.

Took the wrong Metro a couple of times because the subway system has expanded over the last 30 years. Also, I rode in a Tesla for the first time! We Ubered to dinner our last night because the Red Line was being serviced on Sunday.

Apparently, I still look like I know what I'm doing down at the Mall. I was asked for directions by three different tourists. The little bit of rain that fell over the weekend didn't impede our explorations. Plus, Saturday was way warmer and sunnier than predicted.

All-in-all, a much needed and rejuvenating break. Now, back to the ongoing story...

No comments:

Post a Comment