Monday, June 6, 2022

Another Manic Monday

DH bribed me to get out of bed a little earlier today with breakfast from Starbucks. Princess Bella recognized the logo on the bag as well as the delightful smells and demanded her share of my sausage, cheddar and egg sandwich.

The egg, sausage, and bacon wraps are back, but they are no longer the huge burritos they once were. I'll have to get a report from DH on whether they taste the same. On the plus side, the Starbucks kiosk in Kroger now has online ordering. That will come in handy because the stand-alone store in town is having staffing problems. Again.

I've got a stack of Kickstarter reward packages I need to take to the post office, some books to return to the library, and a novel I need to finish writing.

Frankly, I focus on all this minutiae so I don't break down over a world gone mad. And I hope my stories bring someone else a little respite on the insanity.

During the '60's, I was a small child who believed my parents could do anything. Now, I'm a grandparent who feels utterly powerless to protect my loved ones. It sucks to watch the storms rolling in and feel so damn helpless.

I'll get my running around done, and then I'll focus on my little worlds where I do have some control. My heroes deserve a happily ever after, even if I can't give them to people in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment