Monday, June 13, 2022

Just Another Manic Monday

I was trying to finish Hero Ad Litem the same weekend DH's sisters wanted to work on their parents' house. It was fortuitous that I had our house all to myself. Bella crashed on my lap and slept while I wrote, except when she needed a constitutional, which usually correlated to my need for more caffeine.

But something broke within me while I worked Saturday. I don't know if I hit the wall of burnout or what, but all of the sudden this story wasn't fun for me (even if it did get me out of cleaning the in-law's house). I admit I cut it a bit shorter than I originally intended and dropped the price correspondingly. So, unless something drastically changes, I think Queer Eye for the Super Guy will be the last book in the 888-555-HERO series.

Maybe what DH and I both is a vacation most of all. We haven't been on a real vacation since before GK was born. Next month, we're heading to Millersburg, Ohio, for a long weekend. It's research for me, but it'll be nice to get away from home for a little while. As a friend pointed out when she did a Tarot reading for me recently, there's been a lot of shit going on in my life over the last two that had nothing to do with the pandemic.

So, yes, a little ghost hunting in Ohio Amish country will be fun. Maybe I'll find my mojo in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment