Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Dude! Where's My Snow?

We were supposed to get a heavy snowfall here in northwest Ohio today. The forecasters were predicting four to seven inches.

We barely have an inch left outside out of the two that fell. Temperatures climbed above freezing, and I can hear snow melt dripping into the gutters. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed.

We had stocked refrigerator, freezer, and cupboards in case we were stuck at home for a couple of days. I even had plenty of coffee, tea, and hot chocolate for writing. I was ready for a cozy afternoon while watching the fluffy white stuff fall in the back yard.

This has got to be the weirdest January I've experienced in Ohio. Very little snow, and the majority of the days have been in the high 40's to low 50's. But it's exactly what the climate scientists were trying to warn us about thirty years ago.

Just a ruminating old woman here. Be about your business, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment