Monday, June 17, 2024

An Early Summer

Yep, summer has arrived four days early.

I was actually awake by 10:30 a.m. Princess Bella needed a constitutional shortly thereafter, and [Insert the obscenity of your choice], it was over ninety degrees outside already. The heat dome is supposed to sit on top of the Great Lakes/Ohio Valley region for the next seven days with very little chance of rain.

We had a two weeks of perfect weather at the beginning of June after all the freaking rain during March, April, and May. But alas, that may become an unusual occurrence over the next few decades.

The heat dome means I need to walk the princess puppy around sundown, assuming it's cool enough to do so. Plus, we need to make sure we all drink plenty of water.

On the other side of the equation, I don't have an excuse not to get writing and editing in if the princess and I need to stay inside. Surprisingly, I got a good chunk written yesterday while DH watched movies and talked to GK.

Be safe, my readers! Hydrate and stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment