Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Planes and Thunderstorms Do Not Mix

I was supposed to be driving to the Detroit International Airport this evening, As I was climbing into the car, I got a text from the airline that said my flight was extremely delayed. So delayed in fact, that I would miss my connecting flight in St. Louis, the last last flight of the day to San Antonio.

A massive series of thunderstorms have been moving through the Midwest today, so I wasn't very surprised. After the heat dome and no rain for the last two weeks, we badly needed the precipitation in our neck of the woods.

While checking into the first text, I was also rather happy I got a second text from Southwest, letting me know my flight was already rescheduled for tomorrow morning. I can't fault their customer service, especially when Mother Nature is far beyond their control.

I'm a little disappointed in that I'll need to sleep most of Thursday since I'll be up for 24 hours straight. I'd been looking forward to a day of solid writing while Genius Kid finishes up errands before he can officially go on leave, but like he said, if we need to stay an extra day, it's not going to hurt either of us. However, I've been on a roll writing A Cup of Conflict, and I hope losing two days doesn't break my mental streak. Alas, life likes to roll over us as we try to plan.

In the meantime, I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment