Wednesday, July 31, 2024

A Steam Locamotive...

...pulling out of a station is pretty much what I feel like as I recover from COVID-19. Every once in a while, I feel like the cow caught on the tracks.

I still don't have enough spoons to deal with a normal day yet. Either I write or I run errands/clean or I do a bit of both. The post-COVID fatigue is real, and it's a frickin' pain in the ass.

However, I am making forward progress on both A Cup of Conflict and Death Goddess Walking. Every time I start to feel anxiety over my apparent lack of writing progress, I remind myself there's no rush. First of all, I want to make the best stories I can. Also, book sales are down for several reasons.

The Olympics are currently happening in Paris and other French territories. School starts in a couple of weeks throughout most of the U.S. And the American election campaigning has turned into a full-blown soap opera.

That's not counting the war in Gaza, the Russian invasion of Ukraine, the election chaos in Venezuela, along with the usual armed conflicts, famine, and sickness around the world.

However, I only have the strength to deal with my immediate duties. It's not that I don't care, but other worries will have to wait until I have more spoons in my drawer.

In the meantime, I huff and I puff and I tell myself, "You can do this! One step at a time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment